I, too, was committed to my own change. I learned and studied everything I could on human transformation and I applied it to myself. I had a public speaking phobia (also developed in high school!) and I became a public speaker for my career.
That was a big change. I learned to overcome anxiety, fear, self-criticism and rejection. I learned to control my own thoughts and behaviors and to handle them in ways that made my life better which brought me positive outcomes. I was changing and the change made me feel good.
So I kept on going…and now over 20 years later I am proud to say that I am continuing to grow, evolve and change and I love it and feel good about myself! And that also is my hope for you as you read these words.
Along my career path, I specialized in drug and alcohol counseling; family therapy; working with phobias; sexual abuse; self-destructive behaviors; weight loss; smoking cessation; habit control; eating disorders; anxiety/depression; grief as well as helping people who just wanted to make their lives better to fulfill more of their own potential!
Many hours of coaching, training and writing led to writing books, making audio products and teaching seminars. But most importantly, I was touching the lives of others — helping to make their lives better — and giving me a deep sense of satisfaction as I watched that happen for them also.
When Rik asked me to join him on his quest to allow everybody in this world who needs help to overcome Trichotillomania, I gladly said yes!
Personal inspiration slogans:
Individually, we are one drop.
Together, we are an ocean.
– Ryunosuke Satoro
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…
It’s about learning to Dance in the Rain.
– Vivian Greene
The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
– Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
Below is a brief overview of my professional qualifications w.r.t. human behaviour:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Psychology
- Certified NLP Practitioner – Society of NLP through NLP of New Jersey
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner – Society of NLP, Richard Bandler
- Certified NLP Trainer – Richard Bandler, Tad James and Wyatt Woodsmall (1990)
- Certified NLP Master Trainer – Tad James and Wyatt Woodsmall (1992)
- Co-Developer Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology (1995)
- Co-Developer Positive School of Intrinsic NLP (2010)
- Certified Hypnotherapist – Advanced Neuro-Dynamics
- Certified Master Hypnotherapist – Advanced Neuro-Dynamics
- Certified Trainer in the art and science of Hypnotism & Hypnotherapy – Advanced Neuro-Dynamics
- Co-Author, Training Trances and Dreaming Realities
- ANLP Fellow (2011)
Do you need help too? Go here for the first recommended step »