Trichotillomania Treatment Philosophy
The philosophy for our support services in a nutshell:
- help you become free and stay free from the urge to pull your hair;
- allow you to achieve this independently from other people, now and in the future;
- allow you to achieve this in the comfort of your own home (or any place where you have access to the Internet), without wasting time traveling to appointments;
- allow you to achieve this in a confidential way, without having to share anything with others;
- allow you to achieve this at a pace that works best with your existing obligations;
- only pay for something that truly works;
- allow you to discover the effectiveness of what we offer in a risk-free way.
But also to help you avoid:
- professionals charging hourly fees, whose one-on-one support is often unpredictable in terms of outcome and duration;
- the negative experiences that many of our clients have had: they often felt they were looking for a needle in a haystack trying to find qualified help. They often met people that were barely trained and not specialized in Trichotillomania, resulting in unnecessary disappointments, investments and years of pulling.
The essence of our services is to help you take back control over your own subconscious behavior, the level where you currently still build up the urge to pull, probably without consciously realizing how you actually do it.
Learning how to make your subconscious behavior help you achieve what you consciously want is actually great fun and something we should all become better at as far as we are concerned because 95 % of everything we humans do occurs at subconscious level and on autopilot.
We also want you to know that there is nothing ‘wrong’ with you for currently still pulling out your hair and that limiting yourself through subconscious behavior happens to many people in everyday life. And unfortunately most people seldom learn how to take appropriate corrective measures.
For example: think about someone who can easily give a presentation to a group of friends, but suddenly ´freezes-up´ inside when giving the same presentation to a large audience of strangers.
How can you consciously feel confident when you more or less go ‘blank’ inside and feel like you are dying on stage? How do you order yourself to feel confident at will? Actually, the process is in essence quite similar to hair pulling, when you subconsciously build up the urge to pull, despite all your previous conscious intentions to stop doing so.
So what you don’t need to free yourself from Trichotillomania is someone consciously talking to you or you talking to yourself. What you really need is learning how to take back control of your behavior at a subconscious level, which is exactly what we are here for to help you with.
We also want you to know that learning how to free yourself from Trichotillomania will very likely be a much bigger present to yourself than you probably ever expected.
Simply because, as you learn how to make your way towards freedom, you will also learn how to mentally take back control over your own behavior in situations where you currently may feel challenged and your behavior is determined at subconscious level.
It is a skill we seldom learn at school or in general society but one that we know can support you later on in other areas of your life in terms of feeling great and more easily achieving the things you desire in life, either for yourself or those you care about!
Copyright © Getting Better. All rights reserved.